Sollette Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sollette Online

The world of Sollette is a complex place. The many races that now flourish on the planet can all trace their origin back to one catalyst: The Demonic Invasion. Now you are flung into the past to confront this perilous time for yourself.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bump in the Dark

Go down 
+2
Fate
Eternal Eclipse
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tulkavoa're
Traveller
Tulkavoa're

Character sheet
Class: Psion
Hit Points:
Bump in the Dark - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue32/32Bump in the Dark - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (32/32)
Temporary Hit Points: 0

Bump in the Dark - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bump in the Dark   Bump in the Dark - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3rd January 2011, 10:17 pm

The tree tilts her head. "What have you fear of?"
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Bump in the Dark - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue2/2Bump in the Dark - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (2/2)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Bump in the Dark   Bump in the Dark - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th January 2011, 12:11 am

The whispering stops as the speaker steps forward.

"We are being fear of you. We are being fear of... death. No. Not death." He seems frustrated. "Not-deathers. They not-death us."
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Class: Wizard
Hit Points:
Bump in the Dark - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue20/20Bump in the Dark - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Bump in the Dark   Bump in the Dark - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th January 2011, 1:16 am

Mambele side-whispers at Fang. "Okay, I think I gleamed two things out of that mess. One, we're probably not gonna fight them, and two, we're most likely gonna get to fight something worse."
Back to top Go down
zebith
Traveller
zebith

Character sheet
Class: paladin
Hit Points:
Bump in the Dark - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue25/25Bump in the Dark - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (25/25)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Bump in the Dark   Bump in the Dark - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th January 2011, 1:29 am

Tiagarth returns to his elven form trying not to provoke any of the surrounding undead. he turns to Mambeleand askes "what could be worse than being surrounded by zombies?"
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Bump in the Dark - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue20/20Bump in the Dark - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Bump in the Dark   Bump in the Dark - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th January 2011, 1:49 am

Mambele smiles roguishly. "Being a zombie surrounding us, obviously." he says, twirling the torch dramatically.

Rolling for +2 acrobatics to see how his baton swirling turns out, because why the hell not? Razz

EDIT: Well, at least he didn't set himself on fire. Hopefully.

Last edited by Mambele on 4th January 2011, 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fate
Deity
Fate

PostSubject: Re: Bump in the Dark   Bump in the Dark - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th January 2011, 1:49 am

The member 'Mambele' has done the following action : Die rolls

'd20' : 7
Back to top Go down
https://sollette.rpg-board.net
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Bump in the Dark - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue2/2Bump in the Dark - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (2/2)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Bump in the Dark   Bump in the Dark - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th January 2011, 9:46 am

Everybody jumps when Mambele drops the torch. There are a few snickers from the shadows but most of them stay silent. The speaker, coming to the conclusion that you won't be harming them, steps closer.

"We is need help. We is needing... word. What word. Supak! Blishno re'supak!" He thinks for a moment. "Sun! Sun move. We need sun move!"
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Bump in the Dark   Bump in the Dark - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th January 2011, 1:48 pm

Mambele looks a little embarrassed by his failed stunt, but even moreso by failing to understand what the creature is saying. It seems like the sort of thing that an astrologist would be expected to figure out. Sun move? Like, sun setting? Sun rising? Days shifting?

"Um... Huh?"

ooc I dunno if I should even roll for Nature, Arcana or History!
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Bump in the Dark   Bump in the Dark - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th January 2011, 1:54 pm

Mambele:

Consider the fact that you aren't trying to solve a puzzle but are trying to understand someone who doesn't speak your language very well.
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Bump in the Dark   Bump in the Dark - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th January 2011, 2:08 pm

ooc Yyyyyeah. That's fairly common at my workplace.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bump in the Dark   Bump in the Dark - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th January 2011, 2:16 pm

"They need the sun to move?" Menzo turns to the rest of you. "Do you think sunlight hurts them?"
Back to top Go down
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Class: Rageblood Barbarian
Hit Points:
Bump in the Dark - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue46/46Bump in the Dark - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (46/46)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Bump in the Dark   Bump in the Dark - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th January 2011, 5:15 pm

" Sun move... no, wait! It may not be the sun specifically, just what it represents. And that being time. Perhaps they simply want more time for something?" Fang turns to the creatures. "Is it more time you want?"
Back to top Go down
Tulkavoa're
Traveller
Tulkavoa're

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Bump in the Dark - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue32/32Bump in the Dark - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (32/32)

PostSubject: Re: Bump in the Dark   Bump in the Dark - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th January 2011, 7:05 pm

Tulkavoa're ponders the words spoken by the odd creatures. "Do the not-deathers not like the sun?"

Last edited by Tulkavoa're on 4th January 2011, 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Bump in the Dark   Bump in the Dark - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th January 2011, 9:44 pm

"Time! Time is word! We is need time!" He seems excited that you grasped his meaning. "Not-deathers come! We is need time. We is need ready!"
Back to top Go down
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Bump in the Dark - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue46/46Bump in the Dark - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (46/46)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Bump in the Dark   Bump in the Dark - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th January 2011, 9:57 pm

"Not-deathers... undead? Say, Menzo, you said undead were around here, right? I think what they might be saying is they need more time to prepare for the undead around these parts."
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Bump in the Dark   Bump in the Dark - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th January 2011, 10:03 pm

Mambele grins. "I suppose setting up camp is in order, then? Though I daresay a fortress would be more desirable."
Back to top Go down
Tulkavoa're
Traveller
Tulkavoa're

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Bump in the Dark   Bump in the Dark - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th January 2011, 10:05 pm

The wilden's eyes go white, as if you are looking at the back of eyeballs, and she digs her feet into the soil. She stands perfectly still.

OOC: Casting comprehend language ritual. Might be easier to garner as much as possible if they can say everything they want to in their own language
Casting time is 10 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Bump in the Dark   Bump in the Dark - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th January 2011, 11:42 pm

The speakers eyes go wide as the kemen'ered enters her trance. He turns to the darkness behind him. "Sasso! Fendo re'ku!"

A few more of the creatures step forward. A tall male with an intricate head wrap and what appears to be a female. Her mask is feminine, at least. They cautiously approach Tulka.

The speaker turns to you. "They is... word." He thinks for a moment then brightens. "Help. They is help."
Back to top Go down
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Bump in the Dark   Bump in the Dark - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th January 2011, 11:45 pm

Fang watches the two approach, then glances to the speaker. He steps back a bit, glancing to the others. "They seem okay... I'm pretty sure he means it when he says help."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bump in the Dark   Bump in the Dark - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th January 2011, 11:49 pm

Menzo eyes the duo suspiciously. "Are you sure of that, Fang? You've been right so far but I don't want something to happen because you trusted a little too much..."
Back to top Go down
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Bump in the Dark   Bump in the Dark - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th January 2011, 11:49 pm

"Just trust me on this. I figure if they meant us harm, they would've done so by now."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bump in the Dark   Bump in the Dark - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th January 2011, 11:53 pm

Warily passing the warriors by, the two creatures stand on either side of Tulkavoa're and raise their arms. They begin to chant and sway, building up to a crescendo and with a brief spark of light, they stop.

The speaker nods his head. "Forgive us for our lack of foresight. We had not thought to enact a ritual for understanding. My name Ahmel."

---

Tulka:

The two creatures helped your ritual along, shortening the time and forgoing the need for components. You are out of your trance now.
Back to top Go down
Tulkavoa're
Traveller
Tulkavoa're

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Bump in the Dark   Bump in the Dark - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th January 2011, 11:56 pm

Tulka's eyes go back to normal, and she inclines her head to those who have assisted her. "We thank you for your help, Ahmel. We would like to know more about your not-death problem. We will translate for you to them." She indicates her companions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bump in the Dark   Bump in the Dark - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th January 2011, 11:58 pm

The speaker and Tulka enter into a conversation. While the rest of you can understand what Tulka is saying, you have no clue what the speaker is saying.
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Bump in the Dark   Bump in the Dark - Page 2 I_icon_minitime5th January 2011, 12:11 am

Mambele watches the discussion with interest at first, but when it grows obvious that he cannot understand a word, he sighs and contents himself with inspecting the wreckage of the cart. "Given what we'll be facing soon, shall we eat now while we can still keep our lunches down? Ricker? Ricker?" he asks, suddenly realizing he hasn't seen or heard him yet since the fall.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bump in the Dark   Bump in the Dark - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bump in the Dark
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sollette Online :: Campaigns :: The End of the World (Closed)-
Jump to: