Sollette Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sollette Online

The world of Sollette is a complex place. The many races that now flourish on the planet can all trace their origin back to one catalyst: The Demonic Invasion. Now you are flung into the past to confront this perilous time for yourself.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Long, Hard Fall

Go down 
+2
Sundew
Eternal Eclipse
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tulkavoa're
Traveller
Tulkavoa're

Character sheet
Class: Psion
Hit Points:
The Long, Hard Fall - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue32/32The Long, Hard Fall - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (32/32)
Temporary Hit Points: 0

The Long, Hard Fall - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Long, Hard Fall   The Long, Hard Fall - Page 2 I_icon_minitime16th November 2010, 9:25 pm

Perception + 12
Back to top Go down
Fate
Deity
Fate

PostSubject: Re: The Long, Hard Fall   The Long, Hard Fall - Page 2 I_icon_minitime16th November 2010, 9:25 pm

The member 'Tulkavoa're' has done the following action : Die rolls

'd20' : 13
Back to top Go down
https://sollette.rpg-board.net
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
The Long, Hard Fall - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue2/2The Long, Hard Fall - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (2/2)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Long, Hard Fall   The Long, Hard Fall - Page 2 I_icon_minitime16th November 2010, 10:03 pm

Everyone can see that the column of dust is being created by a large group of people heading toward you. There are wagons and horses and most of the people look human, though there are a few minotaur and elves mixed in.

"Nomads." Rickers mutters. "I've had a little dealing with them. They're peaceful but I'll always prefer city dwellers."
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Class: Wizard
Hit Points:
The Long, Hard Fall - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue20/20The Long, Hard Fall - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Long, Hard Fall   The Long, Hard Fall - Page 2 I_icon_minitime16th November 2010, 10:37 pm

Mambele, who despite his rich boy upbringing is a nomad on both sides of his family, grins at Ricker and raises an eyebrow. Looking over at the approaching caravan, he scans the crowd for any ladies to entertain his eyes with.
Back to top Go down
zebith
Traveller
zebith

Character sheet
Class: paladin
Hit Points:
The Long, Hard Fall - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue25/25The Long, Hard Fall - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (25/25)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Long, Hard Fall   The Long, Hard Fall - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th November 2010, 9:11 pm

Tiagarth figures that the caravan will take a while to get to where they are and melts into his lion form and lays down in the back of the cart
Back to top Go down
Tulkavoa're
Traveller
Tulkavoa're

Character sheet
Hit Points:
The Long, Hard Fall - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue32/32The Long, Hard Fall - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (32/32)

PostSubject: Re: The Long, Hard Fall   The Long, Hard Fall - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th November 2010, 9:13 pm

Tulka stares somewhat blankly at the people approaching them, studying them without emotion. Her hidden orb glows slightly as her mind reaches inside and fondles it.
Back to top Go down
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Class: Rageblood Barbarian
Hit Points:
The Long, Hard Fall - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue46/46The Long, Hard Fall - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (46/46)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Long, Hard Fall   The Long, Hard Fall - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th November 2010, 10:02 pm

Fang lies back in the wagon with his arms behind his head, his eyes rested shut as he just doesn't seem to care about the nomads at this time.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
The Long, Hard Fall - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue2/2The Long, Hard Fall - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (2/2)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Long, Hard Fall   The Long, Hard Fall - Page 2 I_icon_minitime18th November 2010, 10:14 am

Ricker pulls the cart off to the side as the host approaches. The head of the caravan, a dark skinned man in rough animal hides, halts the column and approaches you. One hand is resting behind his seat, probably on a weapon. His deep voice booms out in an unfamiliar language. Surprisingly, Ricker answers in the same language. Their conversation continues for some time and the dark skinned man seems to be put at ease. With half a bow, he motions for his companions to continue and they begin to pass.
Back to top Go down
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Hit Points:
The Long, Hard Fall - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue46/46The Long, Hard Fall - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (46/46)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Long, Hard Fall   The Long, Hard Fall - Page 2 I_icon_minitime18th November 2010, 5:39 pm

Fang sits up, the strange language having gotten his attention. "What was that all about?", he asked as his gaze turned to Ricker.
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
The Long, Hard Fall - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue20/20The Long, Hard Fall - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Long, Hard Fall   The Long, Hard Fall - Page 2 I_icon_minitime18th November 2010, 8:45 pm

ooc I'd like to roll for insight before posing to see if Mambele noticed anything about the interaction.

+4 Insight.
Back to top Go down
Fate
Deity
Fate

PostSubject: Re: The Long, Hard Fall   The Long, Hard Fall - Page 2 I_icon_minitime18th November 2010, 8:45 pm

The member 'Mambele' has done the following action : Die rolls

'd20' : 2
Back to top Go down
Tulkavoa're
Traveller
Tulkavoa're

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Long, Hard Fall   The Long, Hard Fall - Page 2 I_icon_minitime18th November 2010, 10:24 pm

Tulka would also like to roll insight, to see if this is a friendly interaction, a warning, etc

+9 insight
Back to top Go down
Fate
Deity
Fate

PostSubject: Re: The Long, Hard Fall   The Long, Hard Fall - Page 2 I_icon_minitime18th November 2010, 10:24 pm

The member 'Tulkavoa're' has done the following action : Die rolls

'd20' : 20
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Long, Hard Fall   The Long, Hard Fall - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th November 2010, 12:03 am

ooc Showoff! ;P
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Long, Hard Fall   The Long, Hard Fall - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th November 2010, 9:42 am

Mambele:

You can't really decode what the strange conversation was about.

---

Tulkavoa're:

Check your PMs.

---

Ricker turns to Fang. "Just a friendly conversation. We're going to let them pass before we continue on."
Back to top Go down
Tulkavoa're
Traveller
Tulkavoa're

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Long, Hard Fall   The Long, Hard Fall - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th November 2010, 9:47 am

The wilden couldn't understand the conversation, but the ability to read body language is not beyond her. Her orb ceases its defensive glow as the conversation seems to go well, however she tilts her head at the end. "What makes Ricker mood change?"
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Long, Hard Fall   The Long, Hard Fall - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th November 2010, 2:24 pm

Mambele flares his nostrils in annoyance as he fails to pick up anything useful from his analysis. "Can't say I know, Miss Tulka. But, you know, a change in mood might be welcome at this point." he says, subtly leaning his eyes towards the still-antisocial Menzo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Long, Hard Fall   The Long, Hard Fall - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th November 2010, 2:37 pm

"I heard that, elf boy."
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Long, Hard Fall   The Long, Hard Fall - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th November 2010, 2:38 pm

Ricker seems as if he was startled from his thoughts. "Oh, Miss Tulka. Well, he warned me about 'living corpses'. Seems like we may have to be wary of the undead after all. Nomads are not ones for exaggeration or telling tales. Be on your guard, everyone."
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Long, Hard Fall   The Long, Hard Fall - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th November 2010, 2:59 pm

The half-elf flashes a cocky smile at Menzo before looking at Ricker again. "Undead, eh? I don't suppose these guys have a cleric they could spare?" Hopefully cute and female, with a knack for tantric healing spells, he adds mentally.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Long, Hard Fall   The Long, Hard Fall - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20th November 2010, 2:11 pm

"Look at 'em, son. They're struggling as it is." He watches the host of people, most of whom seem to be carrying little except the clothes they wear. "Something happened to 'em. And I think we all know what." His face goes blank. "And we can't do a damn thing for them."

The last of the nomads pass and Ricker once again pulls the cart forward. Even Menzo is silent, for which everyone is grateful.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Long, Hard Fall   The Long, Hard Fall - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20th November 2010, 11:39 pm

You travel a few more days along the road. You can see signs of the nomad's passing but no other travelers appear. On the fourth day after the nomads, Ricker pulls the cart over.

"I need to stretch my legs, folks. Maybe take care of something private." He walks into the bushes on the side of the road.

"Further back. I'd rather not watch that." Menzo still has not returned to his normal self, a fact that his current personality enjoys a little too much.

Ricker glares at him but heads further away behind a tree.
Back to top Go down
Tulkavoa're
Traveller
Tulkavoa're

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Long, Hard Fall   The Long, Hard Fall - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20th November 2010, 11:56 pm

Tulkavoa're steps down from the wagon and approaches the horses, rubbing their muzzles in turn as she digs her toe roots into the dirt. She smiles and hums.
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Long, Hard Fall   The Long, Hard Fall - Page 2 I_icon_minitime22nd November 2010, 11:24 am

Mambele keeps busy studying his astrology book for any mention about dealing with the undead, but his book is largely silent about it. Not surprisingly, since it was mostly written by people who were alive and wondering how the heavens affected them, while those who actively pursue undeath are usually too egocentric and power-hungry to appreciate outside influences over them. He makes a vow that he will pursue this line of study himself later.

Of course, maybe he'll get a chance to study that up close and personal very soon. He shudders.
Back to top Go down
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Long, Hard Fall   The Long, Hard Fall - Page 2 I_icon_minitime22nd November 2010, 5:30 pm

While they are stopped, Fang hops out of the cart, scythe in hands and moves a few feet from the cart. He had decided he had lounged around enough and wanted to practice a few techniques, for fear that lazing about in a cart for too long would dull his fighting abilities. He made certain to keep a safe distance from his crew, but not too far as to cause them to lose sight of him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Long, Hard Fall   The Long, Hard Fall - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Long, Hard Fall
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next