Sollette Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sollette Online

The world of Sollette is a complex place. The many races that now flourish on the planet can all trace their origin back to one catalyst: The Demonic Invasion. Now you are flung into the past to confront this perilous time for yourself.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Recruiting

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Recruiting - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue2/2Recruiting - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (2/2)
Temporary Hit Points:

Recruiting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruiting   Recruiting - Page 2 I_icon_minitime29th October 2010, 10:44 pm

Sweet.

I'd love to play a Lizardfolk Ranger in that case.
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Class: Wizard
Hit Points:
Recruiting - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue20/20Recruiting - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting   Recruiting - Page 2 I_icon_minitime29th October 2010, 10:57 pm

Excellent. Two rustic, primitive guys and one sophisticated urbanite. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Recruiting - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue20/20Recruiting - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting   Recruiting - Page 2 I_icon_minitime29th October 2010, 11:36 pm

Is there anything you can tell me about their back stories that would be useful?
Back to top Go down
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Class: Rageblood Barbarian
Hit Points:
Recruiting - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue46/46Recruiting - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (46/46)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting   Recruiting - Page 2 I_icon_minitime29th October 2010, 11:42 pm

No idea for a backstory... but could I sort of "refluff" the gnoll into something less hyena like? Like maybe something more like a humanoid doberman? Like keep the same traits, but maybe change the name of the race or make any changes you'd see fit?

Something different. Razz
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting   Recruiting - Page 2 I_icon_minitime29th October 2010, 11:46 pm

Dascrassos is a young Lizardman who has lived in a dungeon his entire life. His clan has been repeatedly, and unsuccessfully, attacked by adventurers ever since he can remember. His prized possessions are the two dwarven craghammers that he claimed from one such adventurer that he defeated in combat. After painstakingly learning how to use them, he has decided to leave his home and seek out his own adventure.

Black scaled but his skin is an acid green which you can see on his spinal frill. His eyes are also green.

That's just off the top of my head. Will probably go more in depth later.
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting   Recruiting - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th October 2010, 12:29 am

Very nice EE. And Fang, I don't need a whole backstory. Just something to work with. Does he have a military background, or a roguish band one? Is he sullen and world-weary? playfully impish? wrathful and self-righteous? manipulative and domineering? cool and sassy? sweet and unassuming? Is he driven by revenge, greed, wanderlust, regular lust, insanity, love, confusion, or fleas? Is he a bit on the chubby side? Does he collect seashells? Is he perpetually drunk?
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting   Recruiting - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th October 2010, 12:31 am

You can call me either Josh or Sig. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting   Recruiting - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th October 2010, 12:33 am

Heheh! Sorry, Josh. To be honest, I kinda forgot whether it was you or Fang whose real name was Josh.
Back to top Go down
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Recruiting - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue46/46Recruiting - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (46/46)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting   Recruiting - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th October 2010, 12:34 am

Hmmmm...

Kruga is a samurai general, hailing from a far off, oriental-like land. However, his village had recently been attacked, and amongst the casualties was his wife. Swearing revenge on her killer, he leaves his village, decked in a black robe and with sword in tow, to avenge his fallen lover and comrades.

On the battlefield, he was a skilled soldier and an expert swordsman, earning him the title "Guard Dog of Hell".

Also I'm Robert. XD
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting   Recruiting - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th October 2010, 12:37 am

Swordmage? Fighter? Warlord? Other things that use swords?

What class be ye be?
Back to top Go down
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting   Recruiting - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th October 2010, 12:38 am

I was leaning towards fighter honestly after some thought. Don't want to do a magic based class, but I didn't want to be squishy.
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting   Recruiting - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th October 2010, 12:42 am

Well, bearing in mind that his wife was a freaking gnoll, it's comforting to know she probably took out five or six of them before going down. And the seventh will never play the piano again.
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting   Recruiting - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th October 2010, 12:44 am

Also, if he's a samurai, I'm guessing he follows a code of honor, so he's most likely lawful, unlike the usual chaotic gnolls. Does he also follow a code of morality, if not necessarily a traditional one?
Back to top Go down
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting   Recruiting - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th October 2010, 12:46 am

He's gonna be a pretty upstanding guy, and he does follow a code of honor... though he may try to bend the rules to help a comrade in need. He'll have morals, and he won't be afraid to tell someone when they're out of line. Razz
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting   Recruiting - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th October 2010, 12:49 am

Dascrassos is good aligned btw.

I can justify that by saying that his clan was only defending their home from the adventurers.
Back to top Go down
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting   Recruiting - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th October 2010, 12:50 am

Say, is this going to be straight up medieval fantasy? Or is there anything we can know about the world?
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting   Recruiting - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th October 2010, 1:11 am

Heh! Still hadn't fully decided yet. I was hoping to get an idea as to your characters first. I was thinking of something rather silly. Sillier than Sollette, though maaaaaybe not as silly as Nevae, but still much closer to the latter. Also, given how diverse the group is, I was thinking that this was a world where the different races were a bit more willing to interact mutually than usual, if even the frigging drow are teaming up with lizardmen and gnolls. Still, I didn't want to be a complete hippie paradise, so here's what I got so far.

In this world, the different races were pretty much always at war, until ultimately a beholder tyrant rose to power. He forced peace by pretty much enslaving everyone for the better part of a century, creating an artificial cooperation between the races. This finally was his downfall as the united races overthrew him, so they can now safely go back to hating each other. Still, the period of uneasy peace and the need to join forces did leave some mark upon those willing to see past their differences, if only for the sake of mutual convenience, and certainly it is much easier to find bonds between individuals of different peoples, from friendly rivalries to happy marriages. That's the setting so far. As for the plot, I have some ideas germinating, but I wanna get a better idea as to the characters first. Also, would anyone like their characters to have some previous friendship with each other? Or would you prefer that this be their first meeting? They're both good setups full of possibilities, so I'm leaving it up to you.
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting   Recruiting - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th October 2010, 1:15 am

Also, I decided to name this realm Booyah, which is a fun, silly name. Also, it's apparently the colloquial name for a giant communal stew (in reference to bouillabaisse), so I thought it was a good name for a realm full of different creatures with distinct identities, but a large degree of contact between cultures.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting   Recruiting - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th October 2010, 1:19 am

It would be kind of neat to know someone before hand.

I think Dascrassos would totally look up to a warrior like Kruga.
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting   Recruiting - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th October 2010, 2:12 am

Oh, and by the way Robert, do not shy away from keeping your tragic background. Just because the campaign itself is silly doesn't mean there's no room for serious drama. I'm thinking of something like the spider-man franchise. Lots of fluffy silliness and adventure, but with more than a toe dipped in angst, vengeance and tragedy.
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting   Recruiting - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th October 2010, 2:26 am

Oh, and just to give you guys something to work from, some world background. Stygma, the beholder tyrant, was not exactly a man of the people. Instead of trying to sway the general public, he instead enlisted the more powerful monsters, specially the dragons and the fomorians to his cause. While neither of them were crazy about following a beholder, they were much more inclined when they realized that Stygma was merely obsessed with being a war general, and cared nothing for the spoils of war themselves, letting them keep the accumulated treasures and rule the conquered, specially the reptilian races under the dragons, dwarves humans and halflings under the giants and the fay races under the fomorians. Guess no one liked the gnolls enough to want to rule them, instead opting to try and destroy them. Sorry, Robert. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting   Recruiting - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th October 2010, 10:22 am

Or perhaps they saw us as the bigger threat! XD And yeah, I'm totally cool about knowing a character prior to the campaign.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting   Recruiting - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th October 2010, 1:09 pm

Ooh... Maybe Dascrassos' clan was ruled over by a black dragon or something...

I'll have to work that in somehow...
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting   Recruiting - Page 2 I_icon_minitime31st October 2010, 2:39 am

Josh, and... um... still dunno your real name, 'garth. I still need a little more info about your characters. Mostly because I have an idea for a starting scene, but I need to have the setting fit your personalities. Are they boisterious, or serene? Irresponsible or prudent? Snobby or humble? Surly or affable? Heroic or unassuming? Disciplined or aloof? Hell, even gay or straight would be helpful.
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting   Recruiting - Page 2 I_icon_minitime31st October 2010, 2:40 am

Also, how about your character, 'garth? Is she aquainted with these two already?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting   Recruiting - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recruiting
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sollette Online :: Out of World :: Fading Light Tavern-
Jump to: