Sollette Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sollette Online

The world of Sollette is a complex place. The many races that now flourish on the planet can all trace their origin back to one catalyst: The Demonic Invasion. Now you are flung into the past to confront this perilous time for yourself.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Desperation (Prologue)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Desperation (Prologue) Left_bar_bleue2/2Desperation (Prologue) Empty_bar_bleue  (2/2)
Temporary Hit Points:

Desperation (Prologue) Empty
PostSubject: Desperation (Prologue)   Desperation (Prologue) I_icon_minitime16th August 2010, 3:35 pm

Early in the morning, Ricker knocks on everyone's door and tells you to meet downstairs as soon as you are able. "I've got a few things to show everyone." Is all he says when asked.

---

We'll continue once everyone heads downstairs.

Normally I would just go straight to it but I'm interested to see how far your imaginations took you... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Class: Rageblood Barbarian
Hit Points:
Desperation (Prologue) Left_bar_bleue46/46Desperation (Prologue) Empty_bar_bleue  (46/46)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Desperation (Prologue)   Desperation (Prologue) I_icon_minitime16th August 2010, 5:08 pm

Fang grumbled as Ricker knocked on his door, damn dissatisfied. He sat up, making sure not to stir the elven woman he had brought home the night before beside him. He stretched and yawned, then stood up and began dressing. The elven woman slowly sat up, the blanket wrapped around her. "Leaving so soon, Mr. Hero?", she said jokingly, referring to his little brawl he had in the city before coming back to the inn (DUN DUN DUUUNNNNN!!). Fang glanced back to her as he was putting his vest on, then chuckled a bit. "Sorry, the boss is calling for me. If I come back some time, I'll look ya up." He said with a smile, though it was merely a mask, the shifter hiding the fact their may not be a next time. He leaned down to give her a quick kiss before proceeding to exit the room. As he began heading downstairs, he began to debate on how he would be able to convince everyone to make a slight detour to Raynion, the city Margesh was supposedly hiding out in...
Back to top Go down
Tulkavoa're
Traveller
Tulkavoa're

Character sheet
Class: Psion
Hit Points:
Desperation (Prologue) Left_bar_bleue32/32Desperation (Prologue) Empty_bar_bleue  (32/32)
Temporary Hit Points: 0

PostSubject: Re: Desperation (Prologue)   Desperation (Prologue) I_icon_minitime16th August 2010, 6:12 pm

Tulka had enjoyed her bath and trim, though she didn't think it was something she would do often; how supple did bark need to be? She had used some of the trimmings to braid a sort of necklace for herself and had placed the odd fruit Artus had found on it. It now hung around her neck.

She had spent much of the night conversing with her fellow wilden through their network. Some had been traveling for a long time and were no closer to finding a way off the earth. Others, like her, were recently detached, and so were as confused in this world as she was. She told them of smiling and golden acorns, and they told her of pain and sadness. It was hard for her to wrap her strong mind around these concepts, but they assured her that she would eventually have to endure them. She only knew that she didn't want to based on their descriptions of them.

She answers Ricker's beckon, and moves down stairs to meet with everyone.
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Class: Wizard
Hit Points:
Desperation (Prologue) Left_bar_bleue20/20Desperation (Prologue) Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Desperation (Prologue)   Desperation (Prologue) I_icon_minitime16th August 2010, 8:11 pm

Mambele stirrs into wakefulness. Unwilling to bring his date into his room with Ricker sleeping there, they had spent most of the night drinking and talking in the Common Room, and falling asleep together on the couch. Noticing Ricker smiling at him, he blushes softly under his dark skin. "I'm fairly sure even the great Ricker has found himself waking up with a fully-clothed lady next to him after a wild night of talking." he grumbles with a smile of his own.

Looking down at the lovely elf, he begins the painstaking process of gently untangling the crown he obtained last night from her hair. "Oh, right. I crowned her as the Princess of the Spa, I believe." he explains. The elf girl groans softly in mid-sleep, no doubt suffering the effects of a hangover. "Make sure she gets a room to sleep it off, and a nice breakfast. Something she can stomach." he tells the inkeeper.

ooc Err, I need to know how much pocket money Mambele has at this point.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Desperation (Prologue) Left_bar_bleue2/2Desperation (Prologue) Empty_bar_bleue  (2/2)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Desperation (Prologue)   Desperation (Prologue) I_icon_minitime16th August 2010, 8:39 pm

Ricker gently nudges Menzo awake. He found him sleeping on the inn's common room floor. "Why're you down here?"

Menzo stretches and rubs his sore back. He shoots a glare at Fang as he comes down the stairs. "Someone had company last night. He locked me out of the room."

Ricker chuckles. He stays standing as everyone sits down at the table. Once everyone is comfortable he waves over the innkeeper with some food. "Alright, folks. Here's the deal. First thing you should know is that I secured us some transport to Raynion." He turns to Menzo. "Raynion is the closest port to the dragonborn island." Menzo nods. "I took liberties with our gold and bought us a cart and a couple of horses to pull it. Second thing you should know is that I secured my trunk from the rubble and it will be joining us." A few things stick out in that sentence. One is that he could not have gotten the trunk himself as his inn is a few days away. Second is the way he said 'joining us'. "Any questions before we start?"
Back to top Go down
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Desperation (Prologue) Left_bar_bleue46/46Desperation (Prologue) Empty_bar_bleue  (46/46)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Desperation (Prologue)   Desperation (Prologue) I_icon_minitime16th August 2010, 9:16 pm

Fang's head perked up from his meal as Raynion was mentioned. What luck! He wouldn't have to even utter a word about going there! It's like some sort of cosmic entity was guiding him to where he wanted to go. But he also felt the others would get involved in their own escapades upon arriving...

"Say, ah, Ricker... about your chest. How the hell is it getting to us and how did you manage to get a hold of it?" He was certain this was on everyone's minds. Well, unless maybe Tulka, but she didn't seem to be the kind that understood material possessions. In a way, he envied her.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Desperation (Prologue)   Desperation (Prologue) I_icon_minitime16th August 2010, 11:11 pm

"Never you mind, son." He addresses the rest of you. "Any actual questions about the journey? It's about three weeks on the cart. There's a couple stops along the way but nothing near as grand as Braghnia. I got us enough supplies to last us a month. If there are no questions then we should be leaving."
Back to top Go down
Tulkavoa're
Traveller
Tulkavoa're

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Desperation (Prologue) Left_bar_bleue32/32Desperation (Prologue) Empty_bar_bleue  (32/32)

PostSubject: Re: Desperation (Prologue)   Desperation (Prologue) I_icon_minitime16th August 2010, 11:45 pm

It was true that material possessions held little value to Tulka. However, Ricker's choice of words left the Wilden confused. "How does one join with a chest?" She asked innocently.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Desperation (Prologue)   Desperation (Prologue) I_icon_minitime16th August 2010, 11:51 pm

"Are we going to only focus on my trunk!?" He chuckles and sighs. "Everyone done eating? Yes? Come with me." He leads you all out to the stables where a cart is prepared. The stableboy is just hitching the second horse to it now.

"Everything's ready, sir!" He tells Ricker.

"Good job, boy." He tosses him a silver piece and shows you all the back of the cart. Inside is a large trunk. In fact, it's the same trunk you saw at Ricker's Inn! He pulls a key out from around his neck. "Alright. Show 'em."

The trunk lifts off the bottom of the cart. You can see a multitude of little legs, like insect legs but made of wood and metal. It walks over to Ricker and plops down again.

"This is my chest. Found in an abandoned temple. Well, abandoned except for the skeletons and zombies walking around. Once I picked up this key it's been following me around ever since. It can hold anything I want to put in it and seems to be completely indestructible." He chuckles again. "It's even fallen down a few cliffs in it's time." He pats the chest on the lid with a dull thunk.
Back to top Go down
Tulkavoa're
Traveller
Tulkavoa're

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Desperation (Prologue)   Desperation (Prologue) I_icon_minitime17th August 2010, 12:04 am

The Wilden looks at it wide eyed. "It...lives? What makes it so?"
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Desperation (Prologue)   Desperation (Prologue) I_icon_minitime17th August 2010, 12:05 am

"No idea." He says simply.
Back to top Go down
Tulkavoa're
Traveller
Tulkavoa're

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Desperation (Prologue)   Desperation (Prologue) I_icon_minitime17th August 2010, 12:07 am

The wilden kneels down next to the chest, and places her hands on it, feeling it all over. "Were you once one such as we?" she asks it.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Desperation (Prologue)   Desperation (Prologue) I_icon_minitime17th August 2010, 12:10 am

"I don't think this is made from a kemen'ered, Tulka. I think it's some kind of construct. The temple had depictions of all kinds of things like this. Men made of metal and walking trunks were pretty mundane compared to some of the others."
Back to top Go down
Tulkavoa're
Traveller
Tulkavoa're

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Desperation (Prologue)   Desperation (Prologue) I_icon_minitime17th August 2010, 12:14 am

Tulka stands back up after giving the chest one last pat. "If it be a Kemen'ered, at least it comes with us when we leave, yes? That one would then still fulfill its destiny." Satisfied with the outcome either way, she quickly loses interest and starts petting one of the horses, singing to them in her tri-voice.
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Desperation (Prologue) Left_bar_bleue20/20Desperation (Prologue) Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Desperation (Prologue)   Desperation (Prologue) I_icon_minitime17th August 2010, 1:17 am

Mambele proves extremely reluctant to slide out from under the lovely elf, but finally does so, leaving her curled up like a sleeping puppy on the couch. He tries to put the crown on his head, but his head protests loudly at such treatment and he desists. Following Ricker out and grunting at the glare, he mostly stays silent as Ricker talks. After seeing the trick with the trunk, he blinks and laughs! "Hahahahah... ouch! Hahahaha! Ow, ow!" he whimpers in mid laugh as his brains pound against his skull. "If a trunk grew legs in front of me, I would have thought it was a Mimic and pounded the sucker flat." he exclaims. He looks grateful at the mention of a cart and horses. He truly did not feel like walking at this point. Closing his eyes, he slowly grafts together the events of last night. He turns to look at his companions and feels an odd pang of affection towards his new friends, no doubt inspired by the knowledge of their new importance to him. Affection? "I must still be drunker than I thought" he murmurs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Desperation (Prologue)   Desperation (Prologue) I_icon_minitime17th August 2010, 12:10 pm

"Wait, I have a question. Where did Fang get the new scythe? And where did Tulka get the necklace? And where did Mambele get the cr-" Everyone, except Mambele, pauses with a strange look on their face. But it passes as quickly as it came. Menzo looks to Fang and Tulka. "Well? Where did you get them?"

---

OOC: As far as anyone knows, Mambele has ALWAYS had the crown. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Desperation (Prologue)   Desperation (Prologue) I_icon_minitime17th August 2010, 1:35 pm

Mambele, understandably confused, raises an eyebrow at the group.

rolling +4 for Insight.
Back to top Go down
Fate
Deity
Fate

PostSubject: Re: Desperation (Prologue)   Desperation (Prologue) I_icon_minitime17th August 2010, 1:35 pm

The member 'Mambele' has done the following action : Die rolls

'd20' : 1
Back to top Go down
https://sollette.rpg-board.net
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Desperation (Prologue)   Desperation (Prologue) I_icon_minitime17th August 2010, 1:40 pm

Mambele:

Obviously everyone is ignoring you because they don't like you any more.
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Desperation (Prologue)   Desperation (Prologue) I_icon_minitime17th August 2010, 1:44 pm

Mambele grimaces as it dawns on him that he has lost that which is most precious in life. Popularity points! Was it because he lost the contest? Did he say something hurtful when he was drunk? He opens his mouth to speak, then thinks better of it. No. Not when they're all together reinforcing each other's dislike for him. He'll need to approach each one individually and slowly earn their appreciation again. Dammit, how can they dislike him! He's totally adorable! He hrmps to himself.

OOC DM, you cruel, cruel God, you! Whyyyyyyyyy? Razz
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Desperation (Prologue)   Desperation (Prologue) I_icon_minitime17th August 2010, 2:06 pm

OOC: Because you all demanded to have critical fails. Welcome to that reality.
Back to top Go down
Tulkavoa're
Traveller
Tulkavoa're

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Desperation (Prologue)   Desperation (Prologue) I_icon_minitime17th August 2010, 6:28 pm

The wilden looks down at the necklace that Menzo is pointing to. "The bathhouse man, Artus, found this in my branches, then we made it into a necklace." She stands for a moment. "We're not really sure why we did that."
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Desperation (Prologue)   Desperation (Prologue) I_icon_minitime17th August 2010, 7:42 pm

Mambele takes notice of the neckace and blinks. The Angel said that Tulka was the seed. But is she maybe just the seed's bearer?
Back to top Go down
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Desperation (Prologue)   Desperation (Prologue) I_icon_minitime17th August 2010, 8:27 pm

Fang looks to his scythe. "Oh, this?" He debated about telling them the truth, that he stepped into a shop, spoke with a halfling who knew everything about him, then found himself standing in an empty lot. "...One of the weapon shops gave it to me as a gift for winning the wrestling match."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Desperation (Prologue)   Desperation (Prologue) I_icon_minitime17th August 2010, 8:52 pm

Menzo admires the scythe. "I'm jealous. It's of fine craftsmanship!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Desperation (Prologue)   Desperation (Prologue) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Desperation (Prologue)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next