Sollette Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sollette Online

The world of Sollette is a complex place. The many races that now flourish on the planet can all trace their origin back to one catalyst: The Demonic Invasion. Now you are flung into the past to confront this perilous time for yourself.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Revelations

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Class: Rageblood Barbarian
Hit Points:
Revelations - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue46/46Revelations - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (46/46)
Temporary Hit Points:

Revelations - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revelations   Revelations - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10th July 2010, 11:20 pm

Fang chuckled lightly, failing to notice anything out of the ordinary, if anything.
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Class: Wizard
Hit Points:
Revelations - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue20/20Revelations - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: ooc Sorry for the delay. Here ya go   Revelations - Page 2 I_icon_minitime11th July 2010, 3:08 pm

Mambele was starting to get a headache that had nothing to do with the noise of the nearby fight, nor the five glasses of halfling wine he had ordered. He could not bring himself to admit he was no closer to unraveling the details of his own quest than he was to discovering the cure for lycanthropy. Closing his book for a moment, he let his eyes roam over the bar, idling on the orcs, elf and shifter for a second before settling on one of the pretty waitresses at a nearby table instead. He flashed his most charming smile at her, no less sincere for being well-practiced, hoping she might come over and clear the table so he could lay down his notes. Maybe she'd even ask what he was working on. Yeah, a comely, brainy acolyte working her way through school as a barmaid... suitably intrigued by the work of a broody, mysterious half-elf. He allowed himself a moment to savor the fantasy. If nothing else, at least it helped the headache subside a little.

He looked down at the book, now crammed so thick with elegant notes that it had swollen to twice its already considerable size. Maybe he was overthinking this. His destiny was already written in the stars, and perhaps they just didn't appreciate him trying to peek at the ending. Still, he needed a starting point! He had already hired people to take care of his spice trade while he was off caravaning through town and wilderness. He made a grab for a glass of wine, and his fingers found an empty cup of tea instead. He had forgotten having ordered that!

Mambele looked at the bottom of the glass and frowned. Reading tea leaves was not quite his forte. Thinking that his future was written on the Heavens in sparking diamonds was certainly more satisfying that thinking it was written on a mess of boiled plant mush at the bottom of a drinking cup. A lesson in humility, perhaps? He held the cup to the light and tried to make sense of the Rorschach patterns within. Five minutes later, his headache had returned full force, and he lay down the cup with a grumble. "Nothing but a huge pile of mulch! So what the Hells am I supposed to be looking for? A huge pile of..."

He blinked at the sight of the strange creature that was sitting at the bar.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Revelations - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue2/2Revelations - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (2/2)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   Revelations - Page 2 I_icon_minitime11th July 2010, 3:46 pm

OOC: Game is unpaused now that Mambele has posted.

And quite elegantly fitting in to the story as well.

---

As the orcs drag their comatose friend out of the bar, Ricker turns to Fang and the elf and smiles at them. "I apologize for the disturbance, friends. Your drinks are complimentary tonight."

One of the orcs trip and drop their friend. Ricker sighs. "Can't you lot do anything-" He pauses and frowns. "Wait, what the hell?"

---

I need perception checks from everyone.
Back to top Go down
Tulkavoa're
Traveller
Tulkavoa're

Character sheet
Class: Psion
Hit Points:
Revelations - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue32/32Revelations - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (32/32)
Temporary Hit Points: 0

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   Revelations - Page 2 I_icon_minitime11th July 2010, 3:49 pm

Perception +11
Back to top Go down
Fate
Deity
Fate

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   Revelations - Page 2 I_icon_minitime11th July 2010, 3:49 pm

The member 'Tulkavoa're' has done the following action : Die rolls

'd20' : 5
Back to top Go down
https://sollette.rpg-board.net
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Revelations - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue46/46Revelations - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (46/46)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   Revelations - Page 2 I_icon_minitime11th July 2010, 10:25 pm

Perception +0 (grumble...)
Back to top Go down
Fate
Deity
Fate

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   Revelations - Page 2 I_icon_minitime11th July 2010, 10:25 pm

The member 'Fang' has done the following action : Die rolls

'd20' : 17
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Revelations - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue20/20Revelations - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   Revelations - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th July 2010, 11:28 pm

Perception +1
Back to top Go down
Fate
Deity
Fate

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   Revelations - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th July 2010, 11:28 pm

The member 'Mambele' has done the following action : Die rolls

'd20' : 4
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Revelations - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue2/2Revelations - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (2/2)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   Revelations - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th July 2010, 11:30 pm

Everyone has received their results via PM.

Please continue.
Back to top Go down
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   Revelations - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th July 2010, 11:31 pm

Fang's head perked up, the shifter glancing around with a disgruntled look on his features.
Back to top Go down
Tulkavoa're
Traveller
Tulkavoa're

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Revelations - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue32/32Revelations - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (32/32)

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   Revelations - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th July 2010, 11:37 pm

Tulkavoa're had been about to head over and make some friends when she felt the ground below her started to shake ever so slightly. She looked down around her to discern a cause; she did not find one. She decided to stay in her position and wait.
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   Revelations - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13th July 2010, 12:03 am

Snapping out of his stupor, Mambele hastily dropped a few (but still too many) silver pieces onto the table and quickly snapped his book shut under his arm. Downing his drink in one gulp, he jumped to his feet... only to fall back a split-second later as the floor shifted under his feet. Dumbfounded, he looked at his empty glass in surprise before realizing he wasn't the only one who had felt the tremor. A sign. It had to be a sign, surely! Was fate trying to tell him something? That he should stay put?

"Not a chance!" the half-elf grumbled as he got to his feet and straightened his robe, getting ready to walk over to the apparition.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   Revelations - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13th July 2010, 12:23 am

The shaking of the ground builds tremendously. A deafening roar fills the air as the ground rumbles. The floor cracks and one of the barmaids shrieks in terror. A timber snaps loose from the ceiling and falls in front of the door, trapping everyone inside. The orcs pound on the fallen wood as Ricker tries to pull everyone in close.

"To me! Everyone come here!" He puts his arm around the three servers and shoves them under a table. He pulls a gnome under and reaches for the next before the shaking causes another timber to fall, this time on top of the gnomes table. The kobolds are shrieking in terror and running everywhere. The elf, stumbling to the door, trips over the unconscious orc and runs into the two pulling for the door.

Then a sound reverberates throughout the room. A subtle sound, yet loud enough to be heard over the screaming earth. Loud enough to make everyone's blood run cold.

The sound of stone falling on stone.

A massive boulder, shaken loose from the wall, falls on top of the elf, crushing his head. The remaining gnome cries out in fear and runs toward the door, ducking under the timber to pound on the portal. But the timber shifts suddenly as the wall collapses, crushing him and the orcs under tons of stone.

"Goddammit, Tulka! Come here!" Ricker pulls the wilden under the table and forces Fang in as well. He goes to reach for Mambele but the falling stone prevents him from reaching the half-elf. "Damn!"

The remaining walls start to weaken. Most of the kobolds are dead, under stone or wood. One of the girls is struck by a bouncing stone and falls to the floor.

And through the carnage, the goliaths sit at their table. As calmly as they were before. Not even batting an eye as one is crushed under a fallen timber. Another by a stone.

Dust is thick in the air, making it hard to breathe and impossible to see. But everyone can hear Ricker as he tries to keep them calm.

"This is nothing! I've lived through collapsing temples and ruins that blew up in my face! A bit of shaking and falling pebbles ain't gonna scare me!"

The walls give. Stone and mortar fall in. The inn has collapsed.

The shaking subsides. The dust settles.

Everything is still. Nothing moves. Not a body stirs.

---

OOC: Okay, I need everyone who did not roll 10 or higher on their perception check to roll an endurance check for me.
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   Revelations - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13th July 2010, 2:18 pm

+6 endurance
Back to top Go down
Fate
Deity
Fate

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   Revelations - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13th July 2010, 2:18 pm

'd20' : 3
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   Revelations - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13th July 2010, 2:39 pm

OOC: Mambele you are caught completely unawares by the earthquake.

You lose 2 healing surges for the day.

---

Sunlight strikes the prone form of Ricker. His eyes flicker open. Carefully he sits up, mortar and dust slide off of him. He looks around at the ruin that was once his inn. Hints of bodies lie everywhere. A still form here. An arm sticking out from under a timber there. And one Goliath, lifeless body still seated and slumped over the broken table.

Ricker shakes his head and stands. He grabs his side in pain. Breathing heavily he searches the rubble. His girls are dead. The kobolds are all buried. But he spies the shifter's arm from under a propped up table. He starts to pull and the strain is nearly too much, but he manages to pull Fang free. He seems unharmed but unconscious.

"Come on, boy. Wake up for me. Wake up for Ricker." He gently taps the side of his face until Fang stirs and coughs, eyes fluttering open. "That's my boy. You hurt at all?"

---

OOC: Just for the record, no one is seriously injured. You haven't taken any damage. Feel free to look for other survivors with a perception check or pull yourself out of the rubble with an athletics check.
Back to top Go down
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   Revelations - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13th July 2010, 2:43 pm

Fang snarled, moving to his feet. "Yeah, yeah, I'm fine..." Fang looked around, curiously wondering if anyone else had survived.

Perception +0
Back to top Go down
Fate
Deity
Fate

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   Revelations - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13th July 2010, 2:43 pm

The member 'Fang' has done the following action : Die rolls

Back to top Go down
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   Revelations - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13th July 2010, 2:46 pm

Fang doesn't see squat other than bodies on the ground.
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   Revelations - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13th July 2010, 9:49 pm

Athletics +1
Back to top Go down
Fate
Deity
Fate

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   Revelations - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13th July 2010, 9:49 pm

'd20' : 3
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   Revelations - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13th July 2010, 10:52 pm

Mambele's push shifts the rubble on top of him. Although he doesn't pull himself free, he does let everyone know that someone is alive under there.
Back to top Go down
Tulkavoa're
Traveller
Tulkavoa're

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   Revelations - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13th July 2010, 10:53 pm

Athletics

+1
Back to top Go down
Fate
Deity
Fate

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   Revelations - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13th July 2010, 10:53 pm

The member 'Tulkavoa're' has done the following action : Die rolls

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   Revelations - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Revelations
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sollette Online :: Campaigns :: The End of the World (Closed)-