Sollette Online

The world of Sollette is a complex place. The many races that now flourish on the planet can all trace their origin back to one catalyst: The Demonic Invasion. Now you are flung into the past to confront this perilous time for yourself.
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Revelations

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
avatar

Posts : 761
Join date : 2010-06-03

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
2/2  (2/2)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Revelations   7th July 2010, 12:45 pm

"Menzo, come forward."

The tall, imposing figure strode forward and bent on one knee. His blackened armor was scarred and pitted, as if enduring great heat as well as blades and arrows. Blood red skin patterned with lines of orange light. His bald head is crowned in deep red flames and he raises his yellow eyes as he is addressed by the similar figures on the thrones before him.

"We are assigning you a task, lieutenant." The male figure said. His voice was powerful, befitting his large frame. His armor was made of a golden metal that shone with polish. His skin was darker then Menzo's and his flames were blue. "The lady Lilith-Zeran has gone on a diplomatic mission to Sollette. She is establishing a portal at one of four pre-determined locations to ease trade arrangements with one of the major civilizations there." He turns to the female at his side. "However, lady Jesend-Zeran has had a vision. The world of Sollette is about to end." A gasp escaped Menzo's lips. "Your task is to travel to Sollette and find lady Lilith-Zeran. You will help her establish the portal and send her back. You are then to stay on Sollette and attempt to ascertain if there is truth to the lady Jesend-Zeran's vision. If the rumors prove false then report back to us so that we may continue our trade agreements. If they are true then stay only as long as safely necessary and secure as much of Sollette's unique artifacts as possible. Do you understand, lieutenant?"

"Yes, lord Forrick-Zeran, sir." He stood, saluted and turned to march out the door.

"Wait, Menzo. We wish you to approach the throne." Lady Jesend-Zeran, with pale red skin and bright yellow flames, resplendent in a gown of green silk and emeralds, beckoned him.

Menzo turned and walked reverently up the steps to the thrones. He stopped at the dais and bent on one knee once more.

"Rise, Menzo." The lady's voice was soft so that only they three could hear.

"What do you wish of me, Lady?" He said as he stood.

"Bring back Lilith to us, Menzo. Safe and unharmed. If you do this for us, then we shall bestow upon you the greatest reward." Her eyes shone with emotion. Menzo waited with bated breath, both dreading yet eager to hear what he had longed for since he was a child.

She placed a hand on his arm. "We will finally acknowledge you as our son and give you the name of Zeran."

A single tear fell from his eye. "Your will be done." He saluted and left the hall.

---

"You're to use this on your journey." An ebon rod tipped with a ruby was handed to him by the Keeper of Artifacts.

"What is it?" He turned it in his hands and looked at it closer. The ruby held an image that floated just out of sight.

"It's a Chalcamarak. A 'Life Eater'."

Suddenly Menzo wasn't quite as interested in the image. The Keeper laughed. "Don't worry. The name is far worse then it's function. It converts things of value into power. The more you consider the item or material valuable, the more power it gives you. It'll then use that power to bestow enchantments and the like. It doesn't create anything though. You'll have to have an item to enchant. But it's far more useful then a shop." Menzo handled the rod with far more respect. "They're rare. Don't lose it or break it. Although they're nearly impossible to break. That thing is far more valuable then even this fortress, so keep that in mind. You're to use it on any items you can't carry or aren't worth carrying physically."

"How long does it take to work?"

"Coins and the like are near instant, but items will take about an hour. It tends to lose power when using it on an item, by the way. We haven't figured how much, exactly. But we're guessing anywhere from a half to four-fifths is lost."

Menzo stored the Chalcamarak in his pack. "Thank you, Keeper. I should be going now."

"Take care, lieutenant. Charge that thing up as much as possible!" The Keeper waved his calloused hand and turned back to his forge.

---

The portal swirled as a maelstrom of every color possible.

"Is it ready?" Menzo asked the guards.

"Sir, yes, sir! The lord Forrick-Zeran had it prepared an hour ago, sir!"

"Where will it take me?"

"Don't know, sir! We were not told, sir!"

"I've left orders with the captain, he will see that you soldiers don't get sloppy during my absence." He entered the portal and the last he heard was a guard whisper, "Good luck, sir."

_________________
If you have any questions or concerns, please PM me and I will address it as soon as I am able.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
avatar

Posts : 761
Join date : 2010-06-03

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
2/2  (2/2)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   9th July 2010, 1:27 pm

The inn was a tower of stone so old that no one knew when or why it was originally built. The tower had always been in the forest and the forest had always surrounded a main road for travel, and, as far as anyone could remember, it had always been an inn. No one even asked the questions anymore.

During the summer months the Stone Tower Inn was always full. Merchants and travelers stayed for weeks at a time, loathe to start the next, long step of their journey until funds forced them to. The inn was expensive, but it was the only inn for a few days travel, having conquered all nearby competition long ago. The food was always excellent, the ale was always cold, and the serving girls were always beautiful and flirtatious. Some had speculated that the tower was charmed to have such success. And there may be some truth to that. But no one can remember, and no cares to ask any more.

---

The patrons were exceptionally diverse on this evening. A few gnome merchants had been spending their hard earned gold, enjoying their stop at the popular tavern. A quiet, dark skinned half-elf had sat down in a corner to read a book by himself. Four goliaths, on a spiritual journey that they hadn't elaborated on. A small group of kobolds, pecking at their food and watching the gnomes curiously. A shifter and an elf, who had met at the inn, were talking quietly. The shifter, who had checked in an unusual weapon, seemed to be questioning the elf. A rowdy trio of orcs were in the middle of the floor, laughing and causing a raucous as they spilled their drinks and devoured their food. They caused no trouble, however. The inn had a strict no weapons policy and all patrons blades and clubs were kept in a special chest at the door. Anyone who has a problem with this policy is quickly corrected by the inn's owner and bartender. A massive man, by the name of Ricker, retired from an adventuring life, and brooked respect from anyone who walked in the door. He kept an eye on his girls and made sure everyone behaved themselves appropriately.

He was cleaning the counter, watching the orcs, when the opening of the door caught his eye. He turned to see a most unusual creature enter. Like a cross between an insect and a plant, the wilden seemed unsure about entering the inn. Fortunately, Ricker had had some experience with Wilden before.

"Welcome to the Stone Tower Inn, Kemen'ered. My name is Ricker. I haven't seen one of you for about ten years now. What brings you in to my establishment?" His tone is friendly and inviting and he gives the creature a warm smile.

***

OOC: I'm sure you can all guess which of you is which. I've tried to incorporate your backstories and personalities into what you would be doing. Feel free to elaborate and use any NPC however you want! Keep in mind the consequences of your decisions and actions, however. Unless you make an NPC do something truly outrageous, I will run with whatever you write! Smile

_________________
If you have any questions or concerns, please PM me and I will address it as soon as I am able.


Last edited by Eternal Eclipse on 9th July 2010, 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fang
Traveller
avatar

Posts : 333
Join date : 2010-06-12

Character sheet
Class: Rageblood Barbarian
Hit Points:
46/46  (46/46)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   9th July 2010, 2:08 pm

Fang had found himself at the Stone Tower Inn, his latest stop on his journey to find the man he had been searching for. He had run into an elf, someone he felt he could trust, simply because he too was raised by elves. Fang had a cloak around him and a hood pulled over his head, only because in the past some people felt intimidated by him simply because of his more beastly features. And of course, as he entered, he would turn his scythe in, not one to cause trouble. No, he was the kind to wait for trouble to find him, then escalate it.

He stepped towards the elf, glancing down towards it. "Excuse me, but if it isn't too much trouble, I have some questions I'd like to ask. If it means anything to you, I'll buy you a drink or two as a token of gratitude for your time." He flashed the elf a brief smile, one of his fangs visible just slightly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
avatar

Posts : 761
Join date : 2010-06-03

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
2/2  (2/2)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   9th July 2010, 2:35 pm

The elf seemed slightly alarmed at the sight of the shifter. He hesitated before speaking. Perhaps weighing the price of free drinks over the dangers of talking to such a fierce looking creature. Finally coming to a decision, he nods his head and points to the chair across from him.

"I'll take the drinks. What do you want to ask me?" His voice quavered, ever so slightly.

_________________
If you have any questions or concerns, please PM me and I will address it as soon as I am able.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fang
Traveller
avatar

Posts : 333
Join date : 2010-06-12

Character sheet
Class: Rageblood Barbarian
Hit Points:
46/46  (46/46)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   9th July 2010, 6:10 pm

Fang sat in the chair across from him, waving a waitress over to place an order, then turned to the elf. "I'll try not to take up too much of your time. To put it simply, I'm looking for a man. An elf, like yourself."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tulkavoa're
Traveller
avatar

Posts : 174
Join date : 2010-06-13

Character sheet
Class: Psion
Hit Points:
32/32  (32/32)
Temporary Hit Points: 0

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   9th July 2010, 7:00 pm

The Kemen'erd looked blankly at the man who had addressed her. At first it seems she did not understand what he had said at all. Finally though, she simply said, "We come here for assistance. Anor'ro calls."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
avatar

Posts : 761
Join date : 2010-06-03

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
2/2  (2/2)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   9th July 2010, 8:26 pm

Fang:

The elf's skin darkens and he narrows his eyes. "Do you believe that all of us elves know each other? That we keep secret tabs on each other? Maybe you think we all look alike as well?" He is clearly disgusted. "Maybe I don't want your drink, beast man."

---

OOC: Fang, roll an insight check for me.

***

Tulka:

Ricker laughs at the mention of Anor'ro. "Used to travel with a kemen'ered before. Anor'ro is all he'd talk about as well." He grins as he reminisces. "Used to call himself something kinda strange. Had a ranger who knew elven say it meant 'God's Thorn'. Hell of a man with sword, that wilden. Used to fight like one of those paladins." He shakes his head and looks back toward the wilden still standing in the doorway. "Ah, forgive me, kemen'ered. I get lost in the past at times. You said you needed assistance? What kind of assistance?"

_________________
If you have any questions or concerns, please PM me and I will address it as soon as I am able.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fang
Traveller
avatar

Posts : 333
Join date : 2010-06-12

Character sheet
Class: Rageblood Barbarian
Hit Points:
46/46  (46/46)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   9th July 2010, 8:27 pm

Rollin' mah insight.

+0
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fate
Deity
avatar

Posts : 425
Join date : 2010-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   9th July 2010, 8:27 pm

The member 'Fang' has done the following action : Die rolls

'd20' : 10
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sollette.forumotion.com
Tulkavoa're
Traveller
avatar

Posts : 174
Join date : 2010-06-13

Character sheet
Class: Psion
Hit Points:
32/32  (32/32)
Temporary Hit Points: 0

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   9th July 2010, 8:35 pm

"We do not quite know. We heard our father call to our mother. Then we were let loose from her womb and left to wander." The Wilden shows no expression. "How did this Ainaereg'ro come to travel with you?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
avatar

Posts : 761
Join date : 2010-06-03

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
2/2  (2/2)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   9th July 2010, 8:59 pm

Tulka:

"Ah, Reggie joined us when we found him wandering in the woods, muttering about Anor'ro. We were skeptical at first but he saved our butts plenty of times after that. He was a true friend." He gets a distant look in his eye and sighs. "Anyway, he's in a better place now and that's all in the past." He smiles at the wilden. "Anyway, would you like a drink? Reggie always preferred water over liquor or ale but if you do want either of those they're on the house. It was nice to relive those days, even if for a bit." He cocks his head to one side. "I can't be calling you kemen'ered all night. What do you call yourself?"

_________________
If you have any questions or concerns, please PM me and I will address it as soon as I am able.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tulkavoa're
Traveller
avatar

Posts : 174
Join date : 2010-06-13

Character sheet
Class: Psion
Hit Points:
32/32  (32/32)
Temporary Hit Points: 0

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   10th July 2010, 1:29 am

The Wilden looked at the barkeep a moment as if she didn't know the answer to his question. "We will take the water drink, sir. You have our thanks. This one is called Tulkavoa're. We would very much like to travel with you and save some butts."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fang
Traveller
avatar

Posts : 333
Join date : 2010-06-12

Character sheet
Class: Rageblood Barbarian
Hit Points:
46/46  (46/46)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   10th July 2010, 10:19 am

Fang was surprised for a moment, but he could understand what he was getting at. "Sir, I mean no offense, that is clearly not what I meant. You see, I was born and raised among elves, so I know just how different one can be from the next. And I simply assumed the man I am searching for would seek refuge in another elven village." He sighed, pausing for a moment to let that sink in, hoping it would help calm down the elven man.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
avatar

Posts : 761
Join date : 2010-06-03

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
2/2  (2/2)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   10th July 2010, 11:27 am

Tulka:

Ricker laughed a deep booming guffaw. Wiping his eyes with his hands he shakes his head at Tulkavoa're. "Ah, Miss Tulkav-" He pauses. "Miss Tulkava- Miss Tulka, I appreciate the offer, but I don't travel anymore." He waves to a stool at the end of the counter. "Here, you don't have to stand in the door all night. Come have a seat and have your drink." He pours a mug of water for her and sets it in front of the stool.

***

Fang:

The elf hesitates. "You were born among elves?" Suddenly the color drains from his face once more. "You- You're a shifter! I heard tales when I was a boy but that was two hundred years ago!" He gasps. "This man you're looking for... is he... you know?" He glances around the room and then leans in close. "Is he a lycanthrope?"

_________________
If you have any questions or concerns, please PM me and I will address it as soon as I am able.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fang
Traveller
avatar

Posts : 333
Join date : 2010-06-12

Character sheet
Class: Rageblood Barbarian
Hit Points:
46/46  (46/46)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   10th July 2010, 11:29 am

He waved his hands lightly, trying to shush him. "I ask that you keep that to yourself! I'm sort of trying to keep a low profile here..." He glanced around, then leaned in closer. "And concerning this man... yes. He is a lycanthrope. And I have been searching for him for some time now."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tulkavoa're
Traveller
avatar

Posts : 174
Join date : 2010-06-13

Character sheet
Class: Psion
Hit Points:
32/32  (32/32)
Temporary Hit Points: 0

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   10th July 2010, 12:38 pm

Tulka came over to the stool that Ricker had placed the mug in front of. She looked at it, puzzled. After looking back and forth along the bar to the other people seated there, she finally mimicked their stance and sat down on it. Clumsily, she also discerned the best way to drink out of the mug without getting the contents all over.

"We are sorry, we did not know. We are still learning. Do you know where this one can find some 'true friends'?" she said the last part as if the words were completely alien to her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
avatar

Posts : 761
Join date : 2010-06-03

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
2/2  (2/2)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   10th July 2010, 3:14 pm

Tulka:

"Well that's a good question. The thing about friends, and true friends especially, is that they're made and not found. Take Reggie for example," Ricker picked up a mug and started cleaning it. "We found Reggie in the woods, like I said, and none of us trusted him. How could we? We'd never seen a kemen'ered before and he was ranting like a lunatic. But we took him in, and fed him and talked to him and got to know where he came from, which wasn't far since he apparently came out of a tree. The following morning we woke up to him defending the camp from a group of goblins. He was taking hits left and right but if one of them even got close to us then he'd fly into a rage and a searing light would strike the bastards." He blushed a bit. "Pardon the language, miss. Anyway, it was a good fight and despite his best efforts we were all injured. But he ignored his own severe injuries and just brushed himself off and started healing our wounds with that magic light of his. That was the first time he saved our lives but it was by no means the last. His actions made him into a true friend." He put the mug down and leaned on the counter, smiling down at Tulka. "So if you want some true friends of your own, I suggest you..." He trailed off as he glanced past her shoulder. "Excuse me, miss. Something just came up." He walked around the bar and toward the group of orcs surrounding the elf and shifter.

***

Fang:

Fang's conversation is interrupted by a deep rumbling voice. "Hey! Wass you whisperin' for?" It slurred. One of the orcs had turned around and was addressing the elf and shifter. "Is you whisperin' something good?" He drooled a bit as he grinned.

The elf gives the orc a disgusted look. "I'm sorry but this is none of your business. Please turn back around. Your face is making me lose my appetite."

A moment of confusion passes before the orc's face flushes in anger and he stands up. "What you say!? Little elf has a tongue but wants to be losing it, eh?" His companions stand up and surround the table around the pair. One of them places a massive hand on Fang's shoulder. "What say you, puppy man? Shall elf be learning respect?" His breath is putrid with the stench of ale and bad breath.


_________________
If you have any questions or concerns, please PM me and I will address it as soon as I am able.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fang
Traveller
avatar

Posts : 333
Join date : 2010-06-12

Character sheet
Class: Rageblood Barbarian
Hit Points:
46/46  (46/46)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   10th July 2010, 3:16 pm

Fang snarled lightly, gripping the orc's hand and removing it from his person. "Mister, there's been a serious misunderstanding here. And if you don't watch your tongue and mind your business..." Fang slowly turned his head towards the orc, his feline-like eyes shining under his cloak. "There's going to be another misunderstanding upside your fat head."

Intimidate check +6
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fate
Deity
avatar

Posts : 425
Join date : 2010-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   10th July 2010, 3:16 pm

The member 'Fang' has done the following action : Die rolls

'd20' : 7
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sollette.forumotion.com
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
avatar

Posts : 761
Join date : 2010-06-03

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
2/2  (2/2)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   10th July 2010, 10:53 pm

The orcs face splits into a grin. "The puppy can bark!" He guffaws at his joke and a moment later the other two join in. "Now let's see if puppies bite is as big as the bark!" A meaty fist is swung at Fang!

---

Surprise action: Unarmed attack, +3 vs AC

_________________
If you have any questions or concerns, please PM me and I will address it as soon as I am able.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fate
Deity
avatar

Posts : 425
Join date : 2010-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   10th July 2010, 10:53 pm

The member 'Eternal Eclipse' has done the following action : Die rolls

'd20' : 2
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sollette.forumotion.com
Fang
Traveller
avatar

Posts : 333
Join date : 2010-06-12

Character sheet
Class: Rageblood Barbarian
Hit Points:
46/46  (46/46)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   10th July 2010, 10:58 pm

Misses AC.

The fist meets with Fang's cheek, but it doesn't phase him. Not even a flinch. Fang gives him a toothy grin. "For an orc, you hit like a small child. Actually, I take it back. I bet the small child could at least draw blood." He sits there, grinning at the orc, not making a move to retaliate. Least, not yet. He was more amused than angry at this point.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
avatar

Posts : 761
Join date : 2010-06-03

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
2/2  (2/2)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   10th July 2010, 11:16 pm

Before the orc can reply, Ricker comes up from behind him and taps his shoulder. As he turns, the innkeeper's fist connects solidly on his jaw and the orc drops to the ground. He then looks to the other two, whose faces have drained of color.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?"

"Err, nothing Ricker! We's just talking!" One quavered.

The other vehemently nods his head. "Just talking! Nothing else, Ricker!"

"Like hell you were! Get this pile of crap off my floor and get the hell out of my inn!"

The two standing orcs look towards each other stupidly.

"I said get the hell out!" Ricker takes a step toward them and they shriek in fear. Quickly moving to pick up their fallen comrade. As they hoist him up, Fang can hear him mumble something before they start to drag him away.

---

OOC: Fang, read your PM and then roll me a perception check.

Game is paused to wait for Mambele's post and reactions to what has happened. I can believe that he'd ignore most of what went on but the fight would attract anyone's attention. So no one else can post after Fang's perception roll except for Mambele.

_________________
If you have any questions or concerns, please PM me and I will address it as soon as I am able.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fang
Traveller
avatar

Posts : 333
Join date : 2010-06-12

Character sheet
Class: Rageblood Barbarian
Hit Points:
46/46  (46/46)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   10th July 2010, 11:18 pm

Perception check: +0
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fate
Deity
avatar

Posts : 425
Join date : 2010-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   10th July 2010, 11:18 pm

The member 'Fang' has done the following action : Die rolls

'd20' : 6
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sollette.forumotion.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Revelations   

Back to top Go down
 
Revelations
Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» "Revelations from the Aardvark's Mind"
» Shinobi Revelations: A Naruto RPG

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sollette Online :: Campaigns :: The End of the World (Closed)-
Jump to: