Sollette Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sollette Online

The world of Sollette is a complex place. The many races that now flourish on the planet can all trace their origin back to one catalyst: The Demonic Invasion. Now you are flung into the past to confront this perilous time for yourself.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Character Creation

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Character Creation Left_bar_bleue2/2Character Creation Empty_bar_bleue  (2/2)
Temporary Hit Points:

Character Creation Empty
PostSubject: Character Creation   Character Creation I_icon_minitime11th June 2010, 11:09 am

All characters are allowed to have one extra feat. This feat MUST be used on Racial feat.

This does mean that Humans get three feats, but one of them must be Racial.

Players who decide to create a character of a race that does not have feats will not get this extra feat. If you do want to play one of the Monster Manual races with racial stats, then please look in the Dragon Magazines to see if it has been given official racial stats and racial feats.

For a quick reference, check out the D&D Compendium for which, if any, magazine it will show up in.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Character Creation Left_bar_bleue2/2Character Creation Empty_bar_bleue  (2/2)
Temporary Hit Points:

Character Creation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Creation   Character Creation I_icon_minitime11th June 2010, 10:22 pm

When creating your character, please keep in mind that you can take up to three background as well. Backgrounds are bonuses that are conferred based on your past.

There are some good generic backgrounds, as well as guidelines for choosing backgrounds, in the Player's Handbook 2 and there are a huge amount in Dragon Magazine #366. You can find specific power source backgrounds in their respective power books, IE Primal Power and Martial Power 2 but not Martial Power 1. There are some more powerful backgrounds in the Forgotten Realms Player's Guide, but those will be tweaked by me before I will approve them. Please take a look at these and feel free to choose any one you like. Don't worry about the descriptions as the main focus is the benefit. If you want to rename the background then go ahead but let me know what the original name is so I can look it up.

If you want to create your own background, please look at the books above before deciding what you want. There is a large range of benefits, from bonuses to skills, to getting an extra death saving throw. If you still can't find the exact match of bonuses you want, then let me know and I will look at your backstory and take your request into account to create a background benefit for you. Try to keep requests reasonable, please.

---

An example of a bonus from your backgrounds would be: A +2 bonus to Arcana checks and it takes four failed death saving throws to kill you.

There are other benefits but I prefer you to stick with that format. A bonus to a skill and an alternative bonus. You can substitute the skill bonus for adding that skill to your class skills list and, if you'd rather have just skill bonuses then you can choose two skills associated with your backgrounds and get a +3 bonus to each.

I know this is confusing, especially since we've never done this before, but if you have any questions then PM me and I'll try to help as much as possible.
Back to top Go down

Character Creation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sollette Online :: Characters :: (Old) Stat Rolls-
Jump to: