Sollette Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sollette Online

The world of Sollette is a complex place. The many races that now flourish on the planet can all trace their origin back to one catalyst: The Demonic Invasion. Now you are flung into the past to confront this perilous time for yourself.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rolling your stats

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Rolling your stats Left_bar_bleue2/2Rolling your stats Empty_bar_bleue  (2/2)
Temporary Hit Points:

Rolling your stats Empty
PostSubject: Rolling your stats   Rolling your stats I_icon_minitime3rd June 2010, 6:56 pm

There are many different ways that people will roll their stats. Some prefer the point buy method described in the Players Handbook. Others would rather take a pre-determined set. Still others will always roll their stats for that slim chance of getting better then average abilities.

I have my own rules. Although you can use the point buy system or take a pre-determined set, for those that like to roll their stats, please follow these steps.

Step 1.) For each stat, plus one extra, you will roll four d6's. Adding together the three highest dice and discarding the lowest. This will give you seven, hopefully decent stats.

Step 2.) Discard the lowest number of that set. So if you end up with: 16, 14, 10, 13, 18, 8, and a 12, you will discard the 8 and use the other six. This gives you your first 'set'.

Step 3.) Repeat Steps 1 and 2, twice more.

Step 4.) You should now have three different 'sets' of stats. Pick whichever one you want to use and discard the other two.

Step 5.) You can move points from ONE stat to ONE other stat. You can NOT exceed 18 in one stat. For example; if I took that set I used before then I would take 2 points out of the 13 and add them to the 16 to create an 11 and an 18.

Step 6.) Apply each stat to whichever ability you wish.

Step 7.) Apply racial modifiers.

This should give everyone a more then fair chance of getting better then average stats. If you have any questions, please send me a PM and I will help you.

Happy rolling!
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

Rolling your stats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rolling your stats   Rolling your stats I_icon_minitime3rd June 2010, 7:34 pm

Here's an example of rolling a set of stats.
Back to top Go down
Fate
Deity
Fate

Rolling your stats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rolling your stats   Rolling your stats I_icon_minitime3rd June 2010, 7:34 pm

The member 'The All-Knowing' has done the following action : Die rolls

#1 'd6' : 4, 3, 1, 1

--------------------------------

#2 'd6' : 4, 6, 6, 6

#3 'd6' : 2, 6, 2, 3

#4 'd6' : 3, 5, 5, 1

#5 'd6' : 4, 3, 6, 5

#6 'd6' : 1, 4, 4, 1

#7 'd6' : 4, 2, 3, 3
Back to top Go down
https://sollette.rpg-board.net
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

Rolling your stats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rolling your stats   Rolling your stats I_icon_minitime3rd June 2010, 7:38 pm

So here are my stats.

Now I'll drop the 8 since it's the lowest.

Next I'll move 3 points from the 13 to the 15.

My new stats are:

I would like to add points to that 9 but I am unable since I already switched points. But these are some fairly good stats. It would give me a good primary and secondary and the rest would be average.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rolling your stats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rolling your stats   Rolling your stats I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rolling your stats
Page 1 of 1